let you know fast and easily transfer files between iPhones, iPads, and Macs with Airdrop .It uses Bluetooth LE to broadcast we can easily discover, and negotiate connections, and Wi-Fi to transfer data. That makes it fast, powerful and secure
while using it necessary to have an apple device iPhones, Mac, and iPads.you can share photos, Map locations, videos Passbook passes, Voice Memos, contacts, and any and everything else that appears on a Share sheet.
It likes SHAREit, Protal, Suprbeam Xander and etc but this is are android application. Apple Inc. lunch
Before you share
Here some point to note Before you begin check the following point
- Make sure that the person you are sending to is nearby and under Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
- Check that you and the person you are sending to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
- Check if the person you are sending to has their AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If they do, and you’re in their Contacts, they need to have your email address or mobile number in your contact card for AirDrop to work.
- If you’re not in their Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file.
Share content with AirDrop
Use AirDrop to share content from apps like Photos, Safari, Contacts, and more. Here’s how:
- Open an app, tap Share or If you share a photo from the Photos app, you can swipe left or right and select multiple photos.
- Tap the AirDrop user that you want to share content with.
Receive content with AirDrop
- When someone shares content with you using AirDrop, you be an alert with a preview of the content and you can tap Accept or Decline. It’s up to you
- If you tap Accept, its mean you agree with this data you get the content in the app it was sent from.
- If you want to share yourself, like share a photo from your iPhone to your Mac, you won’t see an option to Accept or Decline. The content is automatically sent to that device. Make sure that your device is connected to each other
Choose who can send you content in AirDrop
Choose who can see your device and send you content in AirDrop.
Go to Settings > General > AirDrop.
You can also set your options in Control Center.
- On iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open Control Center. On iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Press firmly or touch and hold the network settings card in the upper-left corner.
- Tap AirDrop .
- Then choose one of these options:
- Receiving Off: You won’t receive requests.
- Contacts Only: Only your contacts can see your device.
- Everyone: All nearby iOS devices using can see your device.
If you see Receiving Off and can’t tap to change it, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps and make sure that is turned on.
How to Use AirDrop on your Mac
you can wirelessly send documents, photos, videos, websites, map locations, and more to a nearby in range of Bluetooth and wifi rang iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
Share content with AirDrop
Share content from the Finder:
- Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar in the Finder. Or select AirDrop in the sidebar of a Finder window.
- The window shows nearby users. Just drag one or more documents, photos, or other files to the recipient shown in the window.
Use the Share feature:
- Open the file that you want to send, then click Share within your app. Or Control-click the file in the Finder, then choose Share from the shortcut menu.
- The Share menu lists several sharing options. Choose AirDrop.
- Select a recipient from the AirDrop sheet. After they have accepted and the file has been sent
- click On Done.
When someone else nearby attempts to send you content using you can choose to decline or accept their request. You’ll see this request either in the window or as a notification:
The content you receive on your Mac is saved to your Downloads folder.